It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:21 am

Post subject: New Rules
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:06 am 

Hi all there

After a discussion with members of the staff, we have decided change the rules, I'll update the list in the future 'cause we still taking about the future of the site.

For now:

- Any lossy format is forbidden, theres means no mp3, lossy wma, mpeg-1, wmw, and lossy avi. MKV extension files will be put on test to know if is lossy or not. All the lossy torrents in the site will be banned and deleted.

Keep your eyes here, good things are incoming :D

GDT Staff

Send me a PM if you can help

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: New Rules
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:42 am 
Beta Member

mkv should be allowed... its generally used as a HD container file...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:57 am 
Site Admin

what about
m2v - ok
mp4 - delete
m4v - delete

addition:
Any lossy formats converted to lossless formats
are banned as well.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:05 am 

I was thinking about a reseed rule too. I mean, that in the case that some people miss the non-dvd files (checksums, txt files) and wants to give a seed, they must do a new torrent

what you do think?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:37 am 
Site Admin

ask - allow system only

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:56 pm 

Sorry, but you do realise that ALL the video formats on this site are lossy, as are ALL video formats released by official studios and recorded by all non-film cameras (barring VERY FEW specific exceptions)?

Normal DVDs are lossy, both amatuer and proffesional. HD MKVs are lossy. It would be a ridiculous idea to try and upload any video uncompressed. 1 hour of uncompressed YV12 video at normal PAL DVD resolution (720x576) and frame frate (25fps) would result in roughly 50GB of data. If you disallow any lossy compressed video you are gonna have to disallow ALL video, full stop.

If that wasn't what you mean, I apologise, but it would be a good idea to clarify.

For example:
"No lossy audio files, nor any lossy video other than high bitrate DVD-Level MPEG-2 inside a DVD-Compliant VIDEO_TS file structure for Standard Definition video, or high bitrate H.264 inside a *.mkv containter for high-definition video"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:07 pm 

Tailschao wrote:
Sorry, but you do realise that ALL the video formats on this site are lossy, as are ALL video formats released by official studios and recorded by all non-film cameras (barring VERY FEW specific exceptions)?

Normal DVDs are lossy, both amatuer and proffesional. HD MKVs are lossy. It would be a ridiculous idea to try and upload any video uncompressed. 1 hour of uncompressed YV12 video at normal PAL DVD resolution (720x576) and frame frate (25fps) would result in roughly 50GB of data. If you disallow any lossy compressed video you are gonna have to disallow ALL video, full stop.

If that wasn't what you mean, I apologise, but it would be a good idea to clarify.

For example:
"No lossy audio files, nor any lossy video other than high bitrate DVD-Level MPEG-2 inside a DVD-Compliant VIDEO_TS file structure for Standard Definition video, or high bitrate H.264 inside a *.mkv containter for high-definition video"

I know that you mean, but I told you about of standard of "lossless". People has different opinions about how is the standard of a lossless dvd or HD files in any of his extensions (TS, TP, MPG, MKV, etc). Is pretty hard

at least for me, a good HD files has 9000 kbps, I don't care if is 720 or 1080
and for the dvd, good bitrates are over 5500 kbps, to make an good use of the dvd, it must have 9000 kbps with an AC3 audio, or 8000 with PCM (best option).

Also, the most of the people no has any idea about that

Finally, your idea of the rule is better than mine, only to avoid misunderstandings. You're putting away the DVD files with .MPG extension, so I'd change that a little bit.

Cheers :)